Friday, August 29, 2014

Local Flavor Swap Reveal



Local Flavor Swap Reveal

Hosts: Chaotic Goddess Swaps

My swap partner was Jennifer from J's and Z: Haas, Party of 3. 

I sent her a package of goodies that represented KY and Ohio, since I live on the border, while Jennifer sent me items she felt represented her home state of Oklahoma.


All of the items I received can be seen in the photo above. The very top item is a red and white scarf (for the OU colors). Definitely good for the fall!

I'm excited about the t-shirt, in particular, because I love wearing them and I have a few from various places I've visited or people I know have been too such as NYC, Arizona, etc.


She included the BBQ sauce because I guess Oklahoma summers are full of them, and this is her favorite sauce.

Thanks to everyone who made this swap possible! I can't wait for the next one.

15 comments:

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

Fun package. That is some good BBQ sauce. Pretty nail polish as well.

Tanja - Tanychy said...

This is such an amazing idea and I love that package. LOL at the sauce, but that's great idea :)

Giselle said...

Ooh hickory and brown sugar BBQ sauce looks good! I'm big on sauces! >.<

Medeia Sharif said...

Great idea and a fun way to learn about other states.

Beth W said...

Nice! That scarf will be perfect for Christmastime, too! :D

Melanie said...

Ooh what pretty nail polish!

Liviania said...

I like Sweet Baby Ray's for cocktail weenies. Put the weenies and the sauce in a slow cooker, heat up, and enjoy at a party!

Vanessa Morgan said...

I love the idea of this. A great way to discover new things. Have a lovely weekend.

Kate Midnight Book Girl said...

I lived in Oklahoma for 10 years (and married an Okie boy, whom I dragged to back to the East Coast with me) and I'll always be a loyal Boomer Sooner. Love the t-shirt!

kimbacaffeinate said...

What a fun idea, and I love the package!

Andrea Thompson said...

Oh how fun! My husband likes that brand of BBQ sauce too. I love the idea of sending items from your state. Enjoy, Lauren!

L-Diggitty said...

What a cool idea! I live in KS so the OK stuff is pretty familiar to me, but I'd be curious to see what you sent for the KY/OH loot!

Miss Angie said...

How fun are those nail polish colors! LOVE it!

Wendy Klik said...

Great swap package you received. Sweet Baby Ray's is pretty tasty.

Jennifer Haas said...

Im sooo glad you loved everything! ! I'm headed over to do mine. Im using my phone so I hope it works!


blog advertising is good for you